Contact: Lois Wack
Monday - Thursday
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Mashpee Police Department
19 Frank Hicks Drive
Mashpee, MA 02649
Phone: (508) 539-1488
Alt #: (508) 539-1480 ext. 7232
Fax: (508) 539-1412
Like all government agencies, the Mashpee Police Department is required under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) to disclose certain records requested in writing by any person. Each state has its own public access laws that should be consulted for access to state and local records.
Coming in contact with a police department could be an unnerving experience. If at some point it becomes necessary for you to contact us we desire to put you at ease and serve you in the most professional manner.
The Records Unit is located in the lobby of the Police Department and is staffed Monday through Thursday from 8:30 AM until 1:00 PM. For questions please call (508) 539-1488.
Requesting Police Reports
State statutes govern which reports are permitted to be copied; so it is possible the report you are requesting will not be releasable. We request that all requests for reports be made in writing.
- Accident Reports - If you are involved in an accident in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the damage is in excess of $1,000 or any person was killed or injured, you are required to file a Crash Operator Report. That report can be downloaded by clicking here.
- Active Investigations - In most cases these records are not accessible.
- Arrest Reports - Requests must be made to the Court. Mashpee is served by the Falmouth District Court, 161 Jones Road Falmouth, MA 02540 phone (508) 495-1500.
- Juvenile Information - All requests for information must be made to the Juvenile Court. The police are statutorily forbidden from releasing juvenile arrest information. The Superior Court Juvenile Matters has a venue system which differs from the adult courts; we can provide you with the address of the Juvenile Court involved in a specific case if you need to make a request for records.
- Certain Identities - The identities of certain persons are exempted from disclosure by statute: Sexual Assault and Risk of Injury victims, certain witnesses (as well as signed statements from witnesses), and confidential sources.
How to Request a Report
- On-line Requests - Send an email to Records. Please include the name of at least one involved party, the date of the incident, the location of the incident and the type of incident (MV accident, identity theft, etc.)
- Written Requests - If you do not have access to a computer, you can mail in a request to: Mashpee Police Records, 19 Frank Hicks Drive, Mashpee, MA 02649. Please include the name of at least one involved party, the date of the incident, the location of the incident, and the type of incident (MV accident, identity theft, etc.). Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. IF you do not include a self-addressed envelope you will get a call when the report is ready and you will have to pick it up at the police station.
- Walk-in Requests - There are forms available at the police station for you to complete to receive a police report. Please be advised that there is a possibility the report you want may not be available at the time of the request.
Information Needed to Process Your Request
When requesting a report, the following information is needed to locate the report:
- Incident numbers are the most helpful.
- Reports can also be found by date, time, location, and the name of the person(s) involved.
Requesting a Records Check
Anticipating new employment, adoption, Visas for foreign travel? Appear at the Records Window with a photo ID and we will be happy to do a records check for you. Only Mashpee records will be searched.
Requesting Reports of Criminal Activity or Accidents at a Specific Location
Moving to a new location? Looking for safer streets? We will gladly do a report of a specific type of activity at a specific location for a specific time period. To receive archived copies of the police log, click here.