Obtaining a Passport

Requirements for Adults and Children Under 16

Please Note: The Town Clerk's Office offers Passport Photo Services for $10


First Passport Or If Your Passport Expired More Than Five (5) Years Ago:

1. Completed Application: Form DS11

2. Birth Certificate: Original or certified copy, must contain the following info:

  •  Name of Applicant
  •  Date of Birth
  •  Place of Birth
  •  Parental Information
  •  File or Registration Date
  •  Certification (raised or colored seal)

Note:  You must submit a "long form" Certified Birth Certificate. Please note that extract cards and hospital records are insufficient documents.

If you were born in the U.S., and need a birth certificate, you may contact the "birth town" or the "parents' residents" town at the time of birth or www.cdc.gov - or -  www.vitalchek.com.

If you are a U.S. citizen who was born outside of the U.S. and need a Consular Report of Birth Abroad: https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/abroad/events-and-records/birth/replace-or-amend-consular-report-of-birth-abroad.html.

3.  Identification: Acceptable evidence of identity (e.g. Driver's License).

4.  One (1) Passport Photo:  2"x 2", full face, plain light background.

5.  Payment: Must be in the form of a check or money order made payable to the US Department of State.  Payment to the Town of Mashpee may be made in the form of cash, check, or money order.

Renewal by Mail:

You are qualified to renew your passport by mail if:

A.  Your Passport was issued within the last 15 years
B.  Your Passport was issued after your 16th birthday
C.  You must be able to submit your most recent passport
D.  You are using the same name or can submit the marriage certificate or court order showing the change of name

If you meet the above requirements, simply submit the Passport Renewal Application (Form DS-82), along with one new photo, your old passport, and a check or money order payable to the U.S. Dept. of State to the address on the back of the application form.

NOTE: Children's renewals must be done in person with the Passport Application  (DS-11), Both parents must appear, along with the child, and the child's birth certificate is required (even if you have the child's passport) in order to prove parentage.

Additional Passport Information:

Visit U.S. Passports & International Travel

View Passport Fees