Department of Natural Resources Goals and Mission:
- Protect the public health and safety on Mashpee waterways with patrols, and maintenance of signs and navigational aids.
- Enforce Shellfish and Waterways By-Laws and General Laws.
- Manage, monitor, protect and when necessary restore the aquatic natural resources including shellfish, water quality and waterways. Restoration includes shellfish propagation and water quality monitoring.
- Educate the public about shellfish and waterways uses, regulations and issues.
- Advise Mashpee Boards, Commissions, Committees and Departments as needed regarding shellfish and waterways.